We have one of the broadest expertise in Ukraine in development and implementation of reforms, strategic planning, expert analytics, legislation drafting and government authorities` capacity building in cooperation with the European Union, the International Monetary Fund, as well as international technical assistance projects, specialized international organizations and other partners of Ukraine in building democratic and law-governed state.
We have experience in development and implementation of reforms, strategic planning, expert analytics, legislation drafting and government authorities` capacity building in the following areas and real economy sectors (in alphabetical order):
|Aggression Cessation in International Law|
Corruption Prevention and Counteraction
Natural Resources Sector
Enforcement of judgments
Rule of law
Seized Property Management
PRODUCTS IN DEFINED EXPERITICE AREAS
Drafting of strategies and implementation plans in public sector, that meet government authorities practice and common requirements of the EU and the US technical assistance projects;
Independent analysis of public sector strategies and implementation plans on their validity and feasibility;
Expert assistance in monitoring implementation status of public sector strategies and implementation plans;
Recommendations on improvement of policies and their implementation forming; monitoring and assessment of policy implementation process.
Drafting of expert opinions, conducting alternative analysis, independent review of any expert analytics;
Analysis of juridical and political factors` impact, including new regulations, new instruments and powers of government authorities;
Assessment of political risks of business activities and drafting of recommendations to mitigate consequences;
Participation in development of multi-jurisdictional generalizations, guidelines, best practices in context of relevant area in Ukraine;
Big data collection and analysis using innovative open-source intelligence tools, as well asour partner companies’ action-oriented search tools;
Participation in any work on expert analytics as local experts.
- Expertise, drafting and advocacy of legislative acts
Professional expertise of legal regulation and its application practice, identification of lowlights, gaps and risks, analysis of its compliance with Ukraine’s international obligations, best practices and guidelines, practice of ECHR, the Venice Commission conclusions, comparative analysis with foreign law and international organizations acts;
Analysis of regulation area state and needs, regulation reference models of foreign countries, best practices and guidelines, international obligations of Ukraine on implementation of legal regulation;
Development of legal regulation concepts, drafts of any legislative acts and accompanying documents, their advocacy, support of review, communication, expert discussion and adoption of legal acts.
- Government authorities capacity building
Professional expertise of public authorities’ institutional capacity, including identification of gaps and surpluses: procedures, tools and resources, identification of regulatory and institutional vulnerabilities, other barriers to efficiency, as well as providing recommendations for facilitating public authorities` functional capacity;
Participation in independent technical assessments of public authorities and local governments as local experts;
Drafting of compliance policies and programs for government authorities and their legal design according to current legislation requirements of public sector;
Drafting of instructions / methodical recommendations on performance of functions by government authorities, which will include step-by-step algorithms of functions performance, explanation of disputable and typical questions, drawing up forms of necessary documents;
Research on human resources professional training educational needs, drafting of educational and methodical material in any form: educational courses, educational materials, evaluation criteria, etc.
- Our specialists participated in development and implementation of numerous strategic plans on implementation of reforms in justice area, judicial and constitutional reforms, law enforcement, corruption prevention, asset recovery;
- We have personal experience in drafting, supporting review, communication, advocacy, expert discussion and adoption of virtually all types of legislative acts in Ukraine;
- The Prime Partners team participated in institutional transformation of one of the largest ministries in Ukraine – the Ministry of Justice, as well as in development and launch of new anti-corruption authorities – the National Anti-Corruption Bureau of Ukraine (NABU) and the National Agency on Corruption Prevention (NACP). The partner of Prime Partners was the first head of the Asset Recovery and Management Agency (ARMA);
- The Prime Partners team has a unique combination of relevant experience in top-rank positions in the executive branch and the parliament, local authorities, as well as successful experience in supporting interests of clients in relations with the state in legal business;
- We know from our own experience how each state machine element of the executive and legislative branch of power works in practice, its work procedures, motivation and concern factors.
- We have personal successful cooperation experience in development and implementation of reforms, strategic planning, legislation drafting and public authorities` capacity building with the European Union and the International Monetary Fund (including coordination, implementation and participation in monitoring of reforms implementation to receive macro-financial assistance), as well as with international technical assistance projects, specialized international organizations and partners of Ukraine in building law-governed state, including USAID, UNODP, OECD, FATF, GRECO, EUACI, EUAM, StAR, CARIN;
- In 2014-2020, the partner of Prime Partners Pavlo Petrenko headed the Ministry of Justice of Ukraine thrice, he was an initiator and co-authoroflist of systemic reforms, including anti-corruption reform, judicial reform, reform on court judgments enforcement, new legislation on privatization, concessions and public procurement. Pavlo is the author of number legislative initiatives in business simplification area, deregulation in registration of business and real estate areas, as well as protecting business from unlawful actions of law enforcement authorities. During his tenures, the system of online state registration services and free legal aid system were introduced, as well as, state registration powers were decentralized. Also, on his initiative, a number of “anti-raider” laws, regarding the protection of property rights, were adopted, the profession of private executor and the Unified Register of Debtors were introduced, and number of legal education projects were implemented (in particular, “I HAVE THE RIGHT!”);
- In 2014, the partner of Prime Partners Ihor Aleksieiev headed the State Registration Service of Ukraine, and was a Deputy Minister of Justice-Chief of Staff as well. During mentioned time, he coordinated development of regulations in areas of legal regulation of judicial system and judiciary, access to justice and criminal justice. In 2014-2019, during the tenure of the People’s Deputy of Ukraine of VIII convocation in the parliament, Ihor Aleksieiev was one of the initiators of drafting and adopting legislation drafts on court judgments enforcement system reform and on creation the institution of private executors, as well as decentralization of power in business and real estate registration area. Ihor was directly involved in development of new procedural codes, laws on the Constitutional Court of Ukraine and on the High Council of Justice;
- In 2014-2016, the partner of Prime Partners Anton Yanchuk, as the Deputy Minister of Justice of Ukraine, coordinated development of entire block of Ministry of Justice rule-making work within the EU-Ukraine dialogue on visa-free regime introduction. In 2016-2020, Anton Yanchuk was the first head of Asset Recovery and Management Agency (ARMA)–he organized development and launch of such an authority from the scratch. Anton is the author of idea and participant of the first guidelines for management of seized property in Ukraine development, as well as the initiator and co-author of Resolution of the Conference of participant-states to the United Nations Convention against Corruption “Strengthening of international cooperation on asset recovery and of the administration of frozen, seized and confiscated assets”, adopted at the end of 2019.